In this unit children will explore:
- The upside down nature of the Beatitudes and make a group craft project for someone who personifies the humble nature of this passage.
- The upside down story of the Parable of the Rich Young Fool through dramatic play and a barn building activity with marshmallows and spaghetti
- The upside down way Jesus talked about love compared with our culture’s view of love in advertising and Valentine candy including a science project
- The upside down way Jesus looked at people- at their hearts, not their actions featuring a candy experiment and heart crafts
- Memory Verse comes from Mark 9:35- Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last and the servant of all.
Four-week lessons available for grades:
- Lower Elementary- Geared for children in Kindergarten-2nd grade
- Upper Elementary- Geared for children in 3rd grade – 5th grade